I'm in my third trimester this week and the nesting has set in...which is a good thing because I have about a billion things I would like to do around my house before D-Day. I decided to start working on the nursery since we recently had found a crib to go in the room. I went to an adorable little boutique here in Cedar City, which is basically like my new favorite store to go look at and get ideas from. I don't ever buy anything there because most of it is way out of my price range. But while I was there last time I saw this really cute wall hanging that I wanted to buy...until I saw the $60 price tag. YIKES!!! So I examined it carefully and took a mental picture of the materials needed. Then I headed over to my local Home Depot to attempt at getting everything I needed. Grand total...$12 and an hour of labor to produce this little picture holder to go over the little man's dresser. Since the picture above was taken I've added pictures of my husband's family as well. I'm happy with how it turned out and I'm also happy that thanks to DIY, I saved a few bucks. The nursery seems somewhat complete. But it was nice to check one of the items off of my "to-do" list.

Looking good. I have something similar to that in G's room.
ReplyDelete