Sunday, September 29, 2013

Adventures with Spunky Aunt Lue-Lue

When my sister found out I was expecting she was BEYOND excited...just as she was BEYOND excited when she found out my brother and sister-in-law were expecting. To her, the statement "The more, the merrier" rings so true. She has so much love for these little ones that are joining the family and has taken it upon herself to be the best aunt ever.

I've always been the type of person that doesn't gravitate to situations that draw attention to me. I don't like attention and seriously avoid it if at all possible. My sister on the hand doesn't mind attention...not that she basks in being the center of attention. But most of the time she just doesn't give a rip what anyone thinks about her. It goes beyond that actually; she's completely unaware that attention is even on her so she is always able to just be herself. I love that about my sister. She's real.

A little while ago, she was down visiting me and I had been regularly taking my little guy to the city pool. He's a complete water baby and has grown to just love being in the water. But, he's obviously not mobile yet being only 7-8 months at the time. So I would take him around the little kid area and I would go over into the lazy river and float around a few times with him. But never would I get out of the pool with him and get on the "fun" stuff in the pool like the mock pirate ship or go down the slide with him. Too much attention.

BUT...when my sister came to visit that all changed. She was all about getting him out of the pool and going down the slide. He loved it and I loved watching it. It's too bad there was so much water around or I would have gotten a picture. But water and phones/cameras don't really work well together with me.

Last week, my sister and mom came to visit again. We have a small swing set in the backyard that doesn't get used because he's just too small to go out and play in it...or so I thought. I'm in the kitchen making cookies and there goes my sister with my little guy in her arms, out the back door and towards the swing set. So I pull out my camera and start taking photos. As she gets to the ladder on the slide I can visibly see the predicament on her face about how she's going to get up to the play house while carrying a baby. But before I knew it, she was up the ladder and ready to go down the slide with him.

My mom and I were inside just roaring with laughter. She landed onto the grass so hard I'm sure her booty was covered in grass stains. But little C seemed happy. After they went down the slide, I sat and watched her playing with him in yard. It was so endearing to see him reach up and touch her face and as they sat in the grass and laughed at each other. It makes me smile that she's not afraid to go down the slide at the swimming pool or get grass stains all over her bum just so her nephew can have some fun. That is why she's going to be a fantastic mom someday. She's outgoing, loving, adventurous, an extravert, compassionate, selfless, devoted, and is never afraid to have fun.

Love you Lue-Lue! Thanks for loving my little guy so much and showing him how to have fun! I know he loves you!


No comments:

Post a Comment