I've spent a
lot of my time lately reflecting on the purpose of this blog. Some of
my posts are spiritual, some convey everyday life, and some are just
totally random. I think that's why I've referred to it as a "buffet of
life events."
There
are a lot of things going on in this world right now that literally
make me fear for the future. I actually shouldn't even use the word
fear, because fear is the exact opposite of faith and I do have faith. I
have faith in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and His infinite
atonement. I have faith in my Heavenly Father and His power to intervene
in our lives. I have faith in prayer. I have faith that obedience to
the commandments leads to joy and happiness. I have faith. But what I
fear is what I, my family, and my children will have to witness and the
evil that will, and is, be called "good".
I
want this blog to be a source a true goodness in this world. I want it
to be a source of faith and to inspire others who may have lost their
faith, or maybe have temporarily forgotten to have faith, remember.
This
last week has been an inward struggle to find peace. Without going into
detail, Satan has been working very hard on my faith this week...and
maybe not in the way you may think. But I have felt diminished hope in
certain areas of my life and it has caused a heavy burden to be placed
on my shoulders. However, Heavenly Father never leaves his children
helpless and through prayer, pondering and and hope, the burden has been
lifted and I have a renewed, fresh attitude.
Elder
Joseph B. Wirthlin, who has since passed away, gave a talk in the
October 2008 General Conference that has stuck with me ever since. "Come
what may, and love it" is the title. Those words, "Come what may, and
love it" randomly came to my mind today.You can find the link here to the full talk accompanied by the video if you wish to read and watch it, which I highly recommend. Elder Wirthlin talks about how the motto of "Come what may, and love it" came from his mother teaching him a very important lesson on dealing with adversity. And it became a motto he lived by the rest of his life.There are things we can control and things we can't control. Often the things in our lives that we can't control make us the most upset, when they shouldn't. It's a pretty awful thought to live life constantly consumed by things you can't control. That's not how I want to live. I want to live life with that attitude of "Come what may, and love it". I have too many wonderful things to be grateful for, to allow trials to get me down in the dumps and lose faith for the future over.
No comments:
Post a Comment