The other day, I sat down to pay bills and realized that I only had one bill to pay...the mortgage payment. So I wrote the check (I know, I know...I should jump onto the "online bill pay train", but I just haven't yet), placed it in the envelope, addressed and stamped it, and set in on the kitchen table so I could be reminded to take it to the mailbox.
Meanwhile, B came home from the first half of his shift and I made breakfast. After breakfast, we cleaned up, put dishes away, tidied up the house a little and I realized that the mortgage payment was gone. Both B and I had just seen it on the table...I didn't move it...he didn't move it...so it must have been the mini-human living in our house who has begun taking things and leaving them in places they don't belong (aka our 13 month old son).
So B and I began to literally tear the house apart looking for this mortgage payment...we searched high and low, under every couch, door, table, down the stairs, cupboards, etc. EVERYWHERE we could think of we looked and we could not find it. B was totally calm about it...said we'd just set up an online account and pay it quickly before it was due, which was fine. But it was driving me nuts to think I had written a check and had no idea where it was. I even started to think that maybe I lost my mind and accidentally threw it away. So I went dumpster diving in our trash looking for it to no avail.
My day went on and still the elusive mortgage payment had not shown up. So, I took a break from my searching and I knelt down and said a prayer. My cousin had called me a couple days before to get her nails done. I hardly ever use my nail stuff since I've been working from home. I usually can go a month or two without even pulling my nail equipment and product out. When she came for her appointment, I took my basket of nail product downstairs and as I was pulling everything out, there it was...THE MORTGAGE PAYMENT!!! I don't know how he put it there, but in that simple moment I was reminded that Heavenly Father is keenly aware of our needs and He answers prayers. The mortgage payment didn't just magically appear right after I finished the prayer. It didn't come floating through the air in front of my face. Yet, Heavenly Father provided an opportunity for it to be found.
This is not the first time I have prayed for help with something seemingly "simple" or "insignificant". But each time I have, I been reminded that as Heavenly Father's children, we are never forgotten...even over the "insignificant" things. I have often wondered why Heavenly Father would bother to take the time to help me with something as trivial as finding a lost envelope. And the answer I receive very clearly in my mind is "because I took the time to ask."
No comments:
Post a Comment