So, I met my mom and sister in Fillmore at the Maverik gas station and kissed my 10 month old goodbye for a few days. It was a bitter sweet feeling really. I've never been away from him for more than a few hours. I was convinced that I would cry all the way back to Cedar City. But the prospects of spending 5 wonderful, child-free days with my husband balanced out any hesitation I had with leaving my baby for the first time. Besides, he was in terrific hands with my parents and sister...who later come to find out posed as his mother in public the entire time. She makes me laugh!
We went as far as Las Vegas the first night and spent the night with B's sister there. We weren't planning on doing that, but earlier that day I received a text from B saying that while we were in the area we should spend the first day at Disneyland. B's never been to Disneyland and he knows how crazy I am about Disneyland. Actually, crazy isn't the right word. OBSESSED is better.
So we woke up early that morning, and when I say early, I mean 4:00 a.m. and drove to Anaheim, California. It was so fun being at one of my favorite places with my favorite person. We experienced Disneyland like I have never done before. Since we just had time for one day, we were on a mission to hit all the big rides as quickly as we could. We didn't even stop for meal breaks. I had packed a PB & J in each of our bags along with water bottles, granola bars and trail mix. We ate while we were standing in lines and drank water while we were booking it to the next ride.
We had a lot of fun day together and it was a dream fulfilled to be there at the "Happiest Place on Earth" with my hubs.
No comments:
Post a Comment